Sunday, July 3, 2022

Paint the Tpwn v.2

 Arts Alpharetta held the second annual Paint the Town event 


Here are some of the artists painting around Alpharetta. Their paintings were shown in and exhibit and reception on Friday Evening May 21at the Alpharetta Arts Center. The works remained on display for a week after the event and many pieces were sold.



Artists painted all around town. The Shirley Farm Red Barn was a popular scene. Many artists painted around the downtown area as well as locations like the Arts Center. Larry and Margo Attig's house and gardens were again a very popular site with numerous artist painting on site throughout the days of the event.



Best in Show "Early Morning Light" by Stephanie Amato


Second Place - "A Place for Ice Cream" by John Guernsey

Viewers Choice - "Lake Windward Nocturne" by Munir Kapasi

I painted the Shirley Barn and the Rest Haven Cemetery, but my favorite location was a property that I never knew existed very close to my first home in Alpharetta. Almost 50 years ago my wife Jackie and I purchased a small house on Jere Drive. Just around the corner on Hook Street is a fantasy land behind one of the homes on that street. The property is over 2 acres of buildings and interesting collections of all kinds of things.

My favorite subject was an old stone building that appeared to be a shop. When I got there the sun was washing over one side of the building while the background of lush trees was still very dark. There was another artist there before me who was painting the scene from a slightly different perspective. I included her in my painting. At the exhibit on Saturday night my painting sold to the property owners.

Rest Haven Cemetery- Marian Norman Bagwell

Shirley's Red Barn and Firewood

Stone Cottage on Hooks Street




1 comment: